The anesthesia machine, is a hospital equipment that will it is primarily used for general sedation, regional, regional and intravenous immunization and resuscitation systems, its mechanism is based on a mechanical ventilator, breathing system, suction apparatus and patient monitoring instruments, through medicinal gases mixed with a concise concentration of anesthetic vapor, continuously at a pressure and adequate flow.
Usually the anesthetic machine, it consists of five main mechanisms, composed of elements and systems with their respective safety conditions, they are the supply of gases, flow meters, vaporizers, patient circuit including the mechanical ventilator and monitoring associated with the patient.
Functional Features of Anesthesia Machine
Anesthesia machines have functional characteristics that are composed as follows:
- Fluctuometers: Fluctuation meters measure the amounts of a gas in circulation, and are identified by shades of yellow, green and blue.
- Vaporizers are responsible for preserving volatile liquid vapor adjustable within the limits of required anesthetic concentration. Attaching the device is important to prevent leakage.
- Regulator: Decreases the pressure of a gas, facilitating compression at a prolonged speed to dominate the output of the cylinder at appropriate and constant pressure and which normalizes the flow of gas.
- Gage: Calculates the normalizer gas ejection rate or flow rate in liters per minute. It consists of a device for calculating the tension of aeriform fluids.
- Jugs: A rectangular or circular forceps-shaped apparatus made of metal, with a zipper that can be adjusted and used to attach gas cylinders to the regulator or anesthesia machine. Inside, it has a piece that is ideally fixed to the corresponding part of the cylinder valve.
It should be noted that the entire gas distribution system: cylinder, keys, pipes, hoses, etc., should be coded, generally color-coded and connections between the gas source and the anesthesia machine are unique to each gas, thus avoiding a wrong connection and avoiding unrepairable situations.
Visual Indicators of the Anesthesia Machine
The anesthetic system captures the parameters of the controlled interval and the data are displayed by an external system for record keeping. These are shown by airway pressure, respiratory rate, minute volume, inspired and end CO2 concentration, and inspired oxygen concentration. Also, administered drugs, laboratory data, and intraoperative events can be added only manually.
On the other hand, the registry of the respiratory system with mechanical ventilation in the use of anesthesia, it will allow the physician to know the conditions, to follow up and monitor the patient, through numbers and / or graphics reflected on the monitor, which will provide safety, prevention and identification of any complications. These parameters will be displayed on the anesthetic monitor screen, through waves or curves that represent the values of the patient.
In addition, the anesthesia machine has sound and visual alarms, which establish a significant measure of safety for the patient, these must be sensitive enough to rapidly manifest a critical event, depending on the risk of the situation and the urgency with which it should be attended.
Kalstein brand anesthesia machines
We at Kalstein, are able to offer you the best anesthesia machine technology any hospital unit would want to get. The anesthesia machine offers electronic PEEP function, we have YR series models, expanding the modern anesthesia workstation feasible to greatly improve the workflow and reduce operating costs. It has automatic tidal volume compensation, provides high accuracy output of only 20 mL. It can be easily maintained and cleaned without specialized tools and is CE certified, providing users with peace of mind.
Learn about our products at https://kalstein.pl/