The cleaning of jewelry is crucial to extend its useful life. Occasionally, keeping jewelry in storage for a period of time can lead to dust mites or dirt accumulating on the parts. Also, when they are frequently used, in addition to accumulating various microorganisms or harmful substances, the color of the jewel can be altered. The latter can be caused by the pH of the skin of the person using the piece, the effect of sweat, creams or perfumes.
Although it may seem simple, the complete cleaning of jewelry pieces can be difficult, particularly because they are delicate objects and if the design of the jewelry is complex or very intricate, dirt can accumulate in difficult-to-access sites. For example, those pieces formed by many elements, with hollow spaces or engraved metals.
On the other hand, the use of inadequately sanitized jewelry can cause problems for people who use them, from allergies to infections, as well as other people around them, through cross-contamination. For example, food handlers or packers, drug packers, among others.
The difficulties in cleaning and disinfecting jewelry can be overcome with the use of ultrasonic cleaners. These are cleaning equipment that, through ultrasound and with the use of certain detergents and disinfectant solutions, facilitate the sanitization of jewelry pieces.
This device can effectively remove dirt by emitting high frequency waves into the cleaning solution. These waves form small bubbles that, when broken, release any particles attached to the jewel, no matter how small.
Advantages of Ultrasonic Cleaners for Jewelry Cleaning and Disinfection
- The time spent cleaning the parts is short.
- The equipment provides a clean in simple follow-and-apply steps.
- It is a cleaning system that is not aggressive with jewelry pieces. It allows access to places of the jewel where it is not possible with brushes or cloths.
- Removal of parts is not required for cleaning. This is useful with watch pieces.
- It is a cleaning device that poses no risk to the environment.
Recommendations for using ultrasonic cleaners in jewelry
- Switch on the equipment only when the cleaning fluids have been placed inside the equipment.
- Place the jewelry pieces in the basket designed for this purpose. Do not place the parts directly on the equipment tank.
- Use appropriate temperatures for the parts to be cleaned. A temperature of 60°C will allow proper cleaning; temperatures close to boiling could increase the risk of damage to jewelry.
- After cleaning the jewelry pieces, they should be rinsed to remove any residue from the cleaning liquid and then wiped dry with a soft cloth.
Important Considerations for the Use of Ultrasonic Cleaners in Jewelry
There are some pieces that cannot be cleaned in ultrasonic equipment, for example pearls and soft and porous stones such as amber, turquoise, mica, lapis lazulis and jades. In the case of emeralds, although they are hard stones, their use is not recommended.
It is preferable not to use this equipment on those pieces that are heat treated to highlight the color, such as tanzanite and some diamonds. Ultrasonic cleaners are also not suitable for opal or tungsten parts, materials such as coral, synthetic stones and jewelry.
Kalstein Ultrasonic Cleaners
A wide range of ultrasonic cleaners included in the YR series are offered, suitable for jewelry and other domestic use establishments, with an attractive design and easy to transport. You can choose the most appropriate one for cleaning your parts. These products are automated and have digital display and control.
The home model has different adjustable operating times, which allow to meet the customer’s cleaning requirements, for different items. In addition, they offer better cleaning performance and minimal noise level, high energy conversion efficiency and long service life. For more information on Kalstein ultrasonic cleaners, visit HERE
We are manufacturers, so in Kalstein you can make the purchase of ultrasonic cleaners at advantageous prices. For more detailed information, visit HERE