The patient monitor is a multifunctional instrument designed to monitor vital functional signs of adult and child patients. They are in hospitals and clinics and should only be handled by qualified staff. The team is designed to manifest a set of parameters in patients for the purpose of exposing medical data in trend database, conceiving alarms and observations.
It allows a comprehensive analysis of the physiological conditions of the patient, through the recording function instantly and the measures shown, such as: PK (heart rate), RF (respiratory rate), T/A (blood pressure), SatO2(oxygen saturation) and SatO2 (peripheral body temperature)
Functions of Patient Monitor
Monitoring patients’ vital signs by using the equipment, tries to receive reliable data reflected on the monitor, through parameters captured by electrical signals from the pulses emitted by the myocardium. All this points to the study of the physiological system of the patient, connected by electrodes in the body, which show and store the respiratory movements of the chest to measure heart rate, blood pressure and O2 saturation will depend on the intensity of the pulse.
Therefore, the proper use of the patient monitor will depend on medical knowledge, and must meet the following parameters:
- Power on the computer correctly and select the schedule.
- Clean the area with alcohol where the electrodes are to be installed in the patient’s body, removing any follicles and keeping the skin dry. Gently rub the skin areas to remove dead cells.
- Selecting the bypass to get. Alarms. Log speed. Origin of heart rate as it can be by electrocardiogram.
- Make adjustments to the computer menu to measure breathing through the alarm system.
- Signal monitors can use one or two thermal temperature probes. Probes can be used at the same time if required. The temperature measurement is not represented by any wave, its result is exposed in measurements.
- The patient monitor shows the oxygen saturation levels of the patient shown on the monitor (FP).
Identification of the Vital Signs Values in the Patient Monitor
By means of alarm signals reflected on the monitor, it allows to detect the health status of patients, which must be properly connected to detect certain conditions that require the attention of the user, enters a state of alarm. The monitor response is indicated by:
- Visual alarm guides.
- Acoustic alarm indicators.
- Alarm log (if a printer is connected and turned on).
- Nurse call signal (if connected and activated).
Therefore, the visual and acoustic responses that the monitor emits when detecting any activity, depend on the priority (high, medium or low) assigned to the detected situation. If a high-priority alarm occurs, it shall prevail over lower-priority alarm alarms when determining the sound alarm. These alarms are raised to indicate to users the conditions of the patient or the equipment that require immediate attention. If the monitor detects a loss of monitoring status, alarm printing and the call-to-nurse signal shall not be initiated.
Patient Monitor in Kalstein
We at Kalstein, have the most advanced equipment that any doctor can demand, we have designs for accurate assessment of vital signs, have monitors with color LED display, allows clear display for users, are YR series models, parameters are shown separately in the vital sign monitor. The alarm limits are adjustable and its rechargeable battery can last up to 4 hours. It has front-facing connections, making it easy to operate. These alarms are visual and sound, but can be easily silenced if you are trying to solve the problem that has generated them.
We are manufacturers of the best medical equipment on the market, we offer you security and guaranteed advice, and the best part is that we have the best prices so that you do not regret your purchase. Visit our catalog HERE