When it comes to choosing optimal laboratory equipment, technical details are vital. Kalstein, a renowned manufacturer in the medical and research field, has introduced its YR01862/YR01862-1/YR01862-2 model. This dual beam device with a wavelength range of 190 to 1100 nm, stands out for its reliability and precision.
Examining the Control System and Lighting Resources
The Kalstein unit features a Deuterium lamp and a tungsten lamp as light sources. Conversely, Thermo Fisher’s Genesys uses a Xenon lamp. This marks a significant difference in durability and light emission consistency.
Double Beam spectrophotometer YR01862-1 -YR01862-2: https://kalstein.pl/product/spectrophotometer-double-beam-yr01862-1-yr01862-2/
- Data processing: these units use a powerful microprocessor for fast data processing.
- Spectral range: they cover a wide wavelength range from 190 to 1100 nm.
- Monochromator: the diffractive holographic grating technology ensures high precision and low baseline deviation.
- Light source: A tungsten lamp and a deuterium lamp are used to provide a stable light source.
- Operation: the design of the silicon keyboard makes operation easy.
Also highlighted is the 10-inch color touch control integrated by Kalstein, offering a superior user experience compared to the 7-inch touch screen used by Thermo Fisher.
Evaluating the Accuracy of the Measurements
When it comes to laboratory equipment, precision is essential. Kalstein offers better wavelength accuracy (± 0.1 nm at the D2 peak at 656.1 nm), compared to Thermo Fisher’s Genesys offering an accuracy of ± 0.5 nm. Likewise, baseline stability is superior in the Kalstein model, ideal for tests requiring consistency in measurements over time.
“Thermo Fisher Genesys” spectrophotometer
- Data processing: Thermo Scientific™ INSIGHT™ software allows excellent data management, assisting in baseline correction, addition of spectra, peak quantification, etc.
- Spectral range: varies according to models, but generally, the Genesys series ranges from 190 to 1100 nm.
- Monochromator: uses a diffraction grating monochromator to achieve high performance across the entire wavelength range.
- Light source: Halogen and deuterium lamps to ensure high intensity and long life span.
- Operation: high definition color touch screen (7 inches) for intuitive and quick navigation through all spectroscopic functions.
Kalstein, a Quality Option
Beyond the basic specifications, optional accessories can enhance the functionality of the equipment. The Kalstein model offers a wide range of accessories, including an 8-position automatic cell changer and a test tube holder, providing the user with the versatility that may not be found in other brands.